Re: LOTR

I saw LOTR last night too (on what is purported to be the largest screen in the western US even!).  Definitely worth seeing, though if you have any familiarity with the books, it's hard to not notice the omissions, regardless of the necessity of those omissions.  The big thing for me though upon watching the movie is that I find I'm yearning for a return trip to New Zealand.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band - The Mountain

“...there are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the 'race' of the decent man and the 'race' of the indecent man.” – Viktor Frankl

Well, i saw it, and yes, folks, it's as good as advertised.  i don't have time to give a full review, but Ian McKellan was great, as was Christopher Lee (Saruman).  I went with a friend of mine who had not read the books, and he was on the edge of his seat, especially when Gandalf fought the balrog and when Boromir was fighting the orc-things.  i thought it followed the book fairly well, and off the top of my head, i have no real complaints about any changes or omissions the writer's had to make.
see ya