like backwards plates and yellow-stained videos

Chris Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> wrote:
> >Radiohead:  I Might Be Wrong (live album)
> The live versions give the songs a soul that is
> missing from the studio renditions.  "Like
> Spinning Plates" is a great example.  The live
> album lets them shine.  Though there are only
> eight tracks, they're all worth it.

aha!  i love the studio version of "Like Spinning
Plates."  and you know why?

the vocals were recorded backwards and reversed.
Thom learned how to sing it (melody included) in
reverse.

yes, completely.

*that* is why it's brilliant.

as for the whole Kid A vs. Amnesiac... hmm... kid a
has wins out on better songs ("Everything in its
Right Place" and "Idioteque" are well crafted), but
after more listens, Amnesiac doesn't have as much
filler.  "Pyramid Song," "Hunting Bears," "Packt
Like Sardines," "Like Spinning Plates," "Knives
Out," "Life in a Glasshouse" (the full length version
is superb), "You and whose Army?," "Dollars and
Cents"...

at 1st i liked Kid A better, because Amnesiac seemed
weak.  it's got better songwriting, IMO.  it took
more listens.  both are great- i don't listen to
older Radiohead *as much* as the newer stuff...

> >Coldplay
> I am ashamed at myself for failing to own this CD.
> The video for "Trouble" is spectacular, and the
> song is pretty good too ;)

i saw the video while in line at Media Play.  i
thought it was excessively cheesy and cheap-looking.
wasn't it the one where they're in front of the
blue screen the whole time.  it looked really cheap.

cheap myself,
Dan

np: ed e. roland - ed e. roland

=====