Re: like backwards plates and yellow-stained videos

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Dan Temmesfeld wrote:
> Chris Lindemer <CD-Lindemer at wiu_edu> wrote:
> > >Radiohead:  I Might Be Wrong (live album)
> > The live versions give the songs a soul that is
> > missing from the studio renditions.  "Like
> > Spinning Plates" is a great example.  The live
> > album lets them shine.  Though there are only
> > eight tracks, they're all worth it.
>
> aha!  i love the studio version of "Like Spinning
> Plates."  and you know why?
>
> the vocals were recorded backwards and reversed.
> Thom learned how to sing it (melody included) in
> reverse.
> *that* is why it's brilliant.

It may be brilliant, but that's not my criteria for good music.  Showing
off (i.e. guitar solos) will get you nowhere with me.  Music is not about
doing th emost complex or difficult thing you can...it's doing what sounds
good and feels right.  I miss the emotion of Radiohead's earlier albums.
Songs like those off Amnesiac are still great live, though, hence my
nomination of IMBW to the "top three" list.

-Smitty