Re: What's your top 3 cd's/albums of the year?

>Joy Electric:  Legacy, Volume 1:  The White Songbook
>This one is rather surprising . . . i'm not the biggest JE fan, but i do =
>love those crazy Martin brothers.  =20
The new album is darker.  Less falsetto.  More complex.  I'm not a big fan
of candy coating (note my liking for bands such as Nine Inch Nails) so the
album is a big win with me.  If you found the earlier stuff too happy and
straight-forward Christian, listen to a bit of this.  It's worth it.

>Radiohead:  I Might Be Wrong (live album)
>it's radiohead . . . that's enough to make you love it or hate it.  =20
You'd think that, but I really don't care for Amnesiac at all.  The live
versions give the songs a soul that is missing from the studio
renditions.  "Like Spinning Plates" is a great example.  The live album
lets them shine.  Though there are only eight tracks, they're all worth it.

>Jimmy Eat World (despite the hype, it really was good)
Hype?  There was hype?  Shows how much I follow MTV et al...if I watch a
music station, it's MTV2.
I just saw a show with Jimmy opening (followed my Tenacious D and
Weezer.)  They were everything I hoped for and more.  The D left me
wanting, since there was nothing too far off the path their album took.  As
for Weezer, let's just leave it at I don't like much after the blue album.

>Toadies (they'll be missed)
*Yeah* they will.

>Linkin Park (see JEW)
I think I may be starting to get bored, but I *do* like their style to a
certain point.

>Coldplay
I am ashamed at myself for failing to own this CD.  The video for "Trouble"
is spectacular, and the song is pretty good too ;)

-Smitty