RE: Where was I??

Kelvin wrote:

But Samantha Dear, the two have nothing to do each other. Maybe their families were screwy, but it had nothing to do with the fact that they had a father, as opposed to not having one. I have a father. I have 50 first cousins who all grew up with fathers. We were all very happy children.

I am not saying that it wouldn't have been nice to have a father.  I'm saying that the most ideal situation for a given person has very little to do with a nice nuclear family, because, for a lot of people it isn't going to happen.  I agree with most of what the Bible says about marriage, and I think that's what most people aim for.   The fact is that the odds say that 1/2 of marriages fail, and its probably a good thing that some of them do.   That's all.

Thanks for challenging my ideas though.  It makes me think, and that is never a bad thing.

Kelvin said:

Besides, if fathers aren't necessary, my only hope in
life is to be a sperm donor.

Advances in science could make mothers "unnecessary" as well.

Samantha  (Dear)

--------------- Unsubscribe by going to http://www.actwin.com/OtR/