Re: Where was I??

matt, in my eyes, was very disturbing when he wrote:

<< So come on somebody, suggest that two mothers would be that most ideal
parental scenario, following that line of logic. >>

ok, you know what?  i'm kinda traditional when it comes to all of this.  i
want to find a man who will make enough money so that i can stay home and
bake brownies for my children when they come home from school.  i admit that
being a housewife...at least, during the day, appeals to me.  my friend vicky
and i have discussed this, and we think that there is a certain group of
young women who would like to see things revert back, at least somewhat, to
the old times when women would, most likely, stay home with the children.

the thing is, is that most of that desire, at least on *my* end, stems from
my love of children.  i love the children at my day care so much...i can't
imagine loving my own children any more than i do the ones at the day care,
but i know that i will.  it also stems from the dream that, in this society,
my husband will have a well paying job, enough so that i won't *have* to
work, but that i can if i want to.

as far as the male being the head of the household, i think that major
decisions need to be made within the boundaries of compromise.  i don't care
how much money the man makes and how little the woman makes...if he wants to
buy a little red sports car instead of a practical car that would actually be
useful when transporting his family, i think the woman should have the power
to veto that idea.

as for two women making for a positive scenario when raising children...i
don't think i have been angered by anything on this list as much as i was by
this comment.  i, in fact, cannot even formulate a reasonable response.

*saddened beyond belief*
jessyka