nye plans?

just wondering what people are planning to do for the new year's celebrations - it's starting to look as though most of my friends have decided to fly to nyc for theball drop, and since i can't afford to fly there (stupid bills) i'm gonna be stuck in michigan - how fun!
so, i'm looking into the different parties & events we have going on around here and am becoming increasingly let down since they all seem to have no potential for fun.
i don't even know if i have to work new years eve day yet....
what happened to all the time since thanksgiving?!?!?

becoming increasingly confused,
--dan in michigannp: underworld; thing in a book