Re: nye plans?

> just wondering what people are planning to do for the new year's
celebrations{?}

well,  my ~plan~,   as it always is,    is to disconnect the phone and go to
bed around  9:30 or 10,   and wake up sometime the next day to find that
yes, indeed,  the sun rose and it's a new day which happens to be in a new
year.   i believe it was bruce who said  "big stinkin'  deal" and i must
concur with this assessment.

did you notice that i wrote the word  plan in quotation marks?  this
indicates that this year, as in all years in the past,   i will actually be
doing something diametrically opposed to my plan.   i'll be awake.    at
home  (so as to reduce the likelyhood of being harmed by a drunk).   with
the phone on the hook so my dad can call and wish me a happy new year,
which rings hollower and hollower each year since there really haven't been
any truly happy years  since i was in my very early twenties.     kind of
like when you have terminal lymph-node cancer and someone sends you a get
well soon card.

but, hey,  that's just me.     you go and have fun.

jg