Miracle on Cedar Ave.

Hey, all – I have to say I am still a bit stunned from the Minneapolis show.  I wish you Schuba’s cats could have been there..   I was amazed.  I met (and froze my ass off with) the lovely Kristin Elaine outside and ran into Drew and Sherry back at the table (did anyone outspend me, Drew?).  Robin and her friend Jeremy joined us at the table – HI!  Kim Taylor was excellent.  I just have to say that.  I was SO impressed.  I would have bought the disc on the spot, but as it is, I’ll have to wait.  Then came OTR.  I’ll get the set list out of the way….

All I Need is Everything

If Nothing Else

When I Go

Anything at All

Faithfully Dangerous

Darling’, Christmas is Coming

All I ever get for Christmas is Blue

Silent Night

Poughkeepsie

Holy Rain

Curse these Dreams

The World Can Wait

Ohio

Jack’s Valentine

Goodbye (this is not goodbye)

Miles

Encore:

Moth

Latter Days

I thought the band was exceptionally good tonight – the crowd was really appreciative – Karin commented that this group made up for a previous show that was a bit lame.  In fact, it seemed they did quite a bit of talking and horsing around, particularly Linford’s forgetting the lyrics on JV.  When he got to the Renoir, etc. line, he said “like some paintings…   finger paintings, I think  by little kids…”.  Very funny.  Then, when the lyric was done, the band just kept going until Linford leaned forward into the mike and said “We really have no idea how to play jazz, so we should probably just quit.”  Karin had some fun things to say, too.  Karin, I say keep celebrating your birthday all year.  I think many of us celebrate your birth on a regular basis!

I have a hard time with receiving – it’s something God and I are working on, but I still have issues.  After this show, I felt I owed the band, so I found Mike and asked if they needed help loading up.  He seemed glad for the assistance.  So we loaded up the trailer, which was great, because it gave me an opportunity to offer my thanks and appreciation to the band without being a clingy fanboy – which I hate.  I was ready to leave when Mike told me to come back in and wanted to get me something to repay my assistance, so I wound up talking to Karin and Linford while they signed the discs I bought.  Now, I never ask for autographs – if I were an artist, I think I’d be irritated – but I must say my mom’s not getting the brand-new copy of Grey Ghost Stories I bought for her tonight.

So let me just say again:  I had a wonderful time tonight.  I met new listees, I met the band, I met God, I met myself.  Thanks again, Linford, Karin, Jack, Wade, Dale, and Kim for a very special and profound night.

Jeff