Fwd: gender stuff (and food!)

Forwarded per Mr. Bailey's request, as he forgot to include the list in his
'send-to' box.   :)

-- BEGIN included message

--- Hazel410 at aol_com wrote:

> Are you saying it comes full circle?  That Kristen's
> conservatism will fade
> into my
> now-more-liberal-but-not-quite-really-LIBERAL
> stance, and then, when
> I reach your ever so ancient (*snort* how old are
> you, anyway?) age, become
> more conservative again, and go back to thinking the
> way Kristen does?

I don't know that it's a matter of coming full circle.
 At least not all the time.  There are things that I
believe counter to most folks on the list that I
believed 20 years ago.  Some things I'm a bit more
conservative on while others I'm a bit more liberal on
than I used to be.  Too conservative for the list, too
"free-spirited" for my friends at church.

It's just that several times over the past month or so
I've seen someone on the list counter a "conservative
Christian" viewpoint with the line "I grew beyond
that".  I dunno...kind of strikes me as a little
condescending and doesnt really adress the issue.

I only bring it up because I know that is most likely
not your intention.  Having had the extreme pleasure
of meeting and chatting with you, I doubt you are the
condescending type at all.

Anyway,  I'll shut up now.

Oh...39 and fast becoming my father!

Hasta