Re: my boy problems (almost no otr)

So why even have scripture?  You can't just do away
with an argument from scripture by saying "well, you
can justify any point of view from scripture", because
you can't justify all view points from scripture.  No
more than you can justify murdering 11 people based on
the Beatle's White Album.  That album didn't stop
meaning what the authors inteded and start meaning
what Manson got from it just because of his twisted
reading.

Is that harsh?

Kelvin

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>
wrote:

> Far be it from me to claim Chief Wiggum as an expert
> on scripture, but he
> does have a point -- you can justify just about any
> point of view you want
> to, depending on the verses you select.  Clearly,
> something *more* than
> the Bible is needed to shape our interpretations of
> scripture -- for proof
> of this, look no further than the fact that many
> popular conservative
> beliefs *about* the scriptures (such as "biblical
> inerrancy" and "sola
> scriptura") are not found anywhere in the scriptures
> themselves.

=====
Screw the whales.
Save the subjunctive!