Re: my boy problems (almost no otr)

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Kristen Ulrich wrote:
> Well I think it is all in the Scriptures.

<ChiefWiggum> "The Bible says a *lot* of things." </ChiefWiggum>

Far be it from me to claim Chief Wiggum as an expert on scripture, but he
does have a point -- you can justify just about any point of view you want
to, depending on the verses you select.  Clearly, something *more* than
the Bible is needed to shape our interpretations of scripture -- for proof
of this, look no further than the fact that many popular conservative
beliefs *about* the scriptures (such as "biblical inerrancy" and "sola
scriptura") are not found anywhere in the scriptures themselves.