Re: Giambi and Darren Oliver (Absolutely No OtR....)

> My Avalanche played hockey. Really well, too. Until this year,
> anyway. *shakes head* The Broncos, the Avs, The Nuggets,
> and the Rockies. What is a Colorado sports fan to do this year?

most of us michigan sports fans aren't thrilled, either.  the lions are 0-12
(i think most people are hoping for 0-16 now that they've gone this far - i
sure am) and a favorite topic of jay leno.  the last lions championship?
before the super bowl existed.  the tigers are perennially embarrassing (and
i don't even like baseball) and apparently set on proving that their new park
was a waste of good land and money--and an historical park in tiger stadium.
i think they've had no more than a couple winning seasons since their last
championship in 1984.  and despite all their promise, the red wings lost in
the first round of the playoffs last year--and they're mired in a slump right
now.  the surprise of the year is the pistons.  but who knows how long
that'll last.

oh, and michigan pulled its famous "collapse when the big ten championship is
in hand" routine.

but down at the local level - the local high school team went 10-0 before
losing to the eventual state champion in the playoffs.  they're on a school
record twenty-something game regular season winning streak.  there.  now i
don't feel so bad.

hey, what did happen to the avs?  the last thing i expected to see was the
avs fighting to get to .500.  are they coming together now, or is it just
going to be that sort of season?

go lions, and take the tigers with you,
-burrill.