Re: Giambi and Darren Oliver (Absolutely No OtR....)

hi.

From: Lawlor, Barry <Barry.Lawlor at ssa_gov>

> LOL.  Actually, the spitting is secondary to the adjustment of oneself.

that's  true.  there's  a  lot of crotch grabbing,    and some nice
male-bonding  ass-patting,  though not as much as in football.      i'm just
waiting for  someone to start up a new tradition:  maybe  titty-twisters,
or something.   something manly,   of course.

 It
> was a shot in the dark as I see baseball as the most "literary" of all
> sports.

as opposed to football,  again,   where the coaches mark the plays on a
chalkboard using  X's  so the players can understand them?    i am inclined
to agree,  if indeed that was your point.   i concede that it may not have
been.

 And no one else besides me spits right? ;)

i don't spit recreationally.    and i'm certain that if i knew that i was
gonna be broadcast nationally on the telly,  i wouldn't spit.    i might
actually turn my back to the camera if i had to adjust the testicles for
comfort.   (realizing that a 2nd baseman can't just run to the restroom at
will).

spitting:   really something i'm conditioned to be opposed to.    maybe i
have a low testosterone level,   who knows?    this summer,    little ian
wanted to have a watermelon seed spitting contest with me.   i was morally
opposed.     but we did it,  rather briefly,   and now that he has lost the
contest,   hopefully the scene won't ever present itself  again.

spitting.   simple logic dictates that if you don't want something in your
mouth,  don't let it enter.   miscellaneous bodily fluids and secretions may
be discreetly exuded into a kleenex or a toilet,  or swallowed.     the
occasional rancid mushroom is deposited via the tongue,  into a napkin
pressed against the mouth.

emily post would have been pleased with my parents.
jg

p.s.   you may spit all you want.