sin - sickness, addiction, or human response

Hey yall - sorry i'm not starting the discussion list on a positive note -
but i need some feedback.  my friends here in colorado and i have been
having an ongoing discussion about sin and how to handle it.  some of us
feel it is a sickness that God can heal us from, others think it is a prison
and if God can break our pathetic state of mind then sin will begin to leave
our lives, still others believe sin is just a natural response to living in
a dark world and all we can do is wait for the light at the end of the
tunnel - i think it could be all three.  What do yall say (oh yeah - i moved
to Colorado from Texas so i still say yall)

Peace
Jarrod