Re: sin - sickness, addiction, or human response

jarrod rager <jarrod_rager at hotmail_com> wrote:
> my friends here in colorado and i have been having
> an ongoing discussion about sin and how to handle
> it.  some of us  feel it is a sickness that God
> can heal us from,

then there would be people out there that don't
sin ever.  that's not true.  as long as we're
human, we'll sin.

> others think it is a prison and if God can break
> our pathetic state of mind then sin will begin
> to leave our lives,

sorta... it's something that holds us back, but
it will never leave us.

> others believe sin is just a natural response to
> living in a dark world and all we can do is wait
> for the light at the end of the tunnel - i think
> it could be all three.

it's not a natural "response to a dark world."  i
believe that it is natural, though.  we're born with
it in us, rather than it being a response.

fall of man, we're depraved, we sin.

i do argee with the waiting for the "light at the
end of the tunnel," though- as we'll never be truly
perfected until we're outside these human realm.

or something.

Dan

np: caedmon's call - guild no. 2

=====