Do I Offend You? (was Re: +Live+ ect.)

--- Dan Temmesfeld <dtemm at yahoo_com> wrote:

as an
> artist, i'd say that he has a right to portray what
> he feels about something however he feels necessary.
>
> if he steps on toes, well, that's part of standing
> up for what he believes in.

I've been thinking about this for weeks now.

I am so stinking tired of being told to watch what I
say because someone might be offended.  When did we
all become such wimps?  At the same time I'm told that
if someone offends me I should suck it up and tuff it
out.  Freedom of speech, tolerance and all.  Okay.  So
I agree.  From now on if something I say (as long as
it is not done with malicious intent) offends someone
else - tough tonails.
Are we going to extend Matt and others the same
courtesy that we extend to those who speak out against
Christianity?  Do he and others have the freedom to
voice, even strongly if they choose, their views that
are informed by a Christian worldview?  Even if it
offends someone or hacks someone off?
I just think we need to acknowledge that there can be
no "rational, intelligent discussion" without
consistency.

> Ed's not forcing you to believe his words.  he's
> just
> trying to get you to think about them.

Exactly!  Maybe the Cristians who post here are doing
the same thing.

There I go again!

Kelvin

=====