Re: a live response (from the girl who started it all)

--- Bob the dancing monkey <djohnson at snowplow_org>
wrote:
> Actually, Liesel, that _tends_ to be a phrase that a
> lot of people
> consider to be just slightly less inflamatory than
> 'call a nigger a
> nigger'.  The etymology of the phrase has its origin
> in using 'spade' as a
> derogatory euphemism for a black person (or more
> often of a person whose
> ancestry is not solely black).  It's entered into
> modern dialogue as of
> late, but there's still one hell of a lot of people
> who would be terribly
> offended by that.
>
> Not tryin' to lay the smackdown or anything - just
> so ya know.

wow.  i've never heard of that. i really thought it
had something to do with a garden tool or card or to
call something at what it is -- no racial slur
involved.  has anyone else heard of it in this
(drew's) way?

sigh.
my apologies, though used in my mis-sense there is no
need for one.

kind regards,
liesel

=====
"stories & cigarettes have ruined the lives of lesser girls"
p. yorn