Re: a live response (from the girl who started it all)

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Liesolita wrote:

> wow.  i've never heard of that. i really thought it
> had something to do with a garden tool or card or to
> call something at what it is -- no racial slur
> involved.  has anyone else heard of it in this
> (drew's) way?

Yeah, I saw someone who _did_ get the Smackdown. Not purty.  At the time,
I hadn't realized this either.  Made me glad to file away this tidbit of
information.

> sigh.
> my apologies, though used in my mis-sense there is no
> need for one.

Of course, Liesel.  no need for apology, and in fact I apologize for not
being a bit more tactful in my reply to you.  I read it and grimaced a bit
because it sounded much more judgemental than I meant to be.  Hope you
were not taken too aback.

Pax,
-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew, SCA )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, Goats: the  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) -----------------  comic strip |