RE: shows

Title: RE: shows

>but the schuba's show... i don't know what it was, but i was
>disappointed.  they were lacking some sort of energy, and
>seemed generally to be in a bad mood - not that i can blame
>them after their truck experience, but it definitely showed.
>and they didn't really converse with the crowd, which was very
>fun at calvin.
>
>BUT, i love schuba's, and i love standing a foot from the
>stage.  whole different experience.  i've always loved seeing
>them there.

Julie, i agree about Schubas just not being totally on.  I wasn't totally sure if my thoughts were related to my being so far away (I like stage leaning at Schubas) and sometimes preoccupied with working the table or if the show really had lost something.  I'm sure the van thing probably had a lot to do with it.

I love Schubas as well, someone earlier wrote that they heard it was a bad place for a show.  Just not true for me.  Something that was amazing was a month or so ago we say the 77s there and most of the (small) crown was sitting on the floor throughout the whole show.

Michael