Re: Twin Cities show volunteering

Bob the dancing monkey wrote:

> That said, I'd like to suggest that we dine near the university.  My home
> is near Uptown, but it's a much shorter jaunt to West Bank/East Bank
> places than the land of the Ever-Trendy.

> Thus, there's an Ethiopian place (I've never had African food, and I've
> always wanted to try it...), a great friendly bar called Tracy's (nickel
> beer for every Viking touchdown - ah, old memories...), and a veritable
> plethora of good food over there...

Given that it is right near the U, there should be plenty of college-y
get-together type places.  Hard Times is right there, if you want to go
for the surreal coffee-shop atmosphere. ;)  But given the mix of people
that might come, I think a "neutral" setting like Tracy's or Grumpy's or
any other generic bar/grill type place would be best - at least for the
first attempt.

Then again, I will be with my own group (I may have another 2-3 OTR
converts this year!), and I don't know what they'll want to do, so I may
not be able to come anyway...

Troy, getting a little excited already...