Re: Twin Cities show volunteering

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 Angealika at aol_com wrote:

> In a message dated 12/4/01 7:08:33 AM Central Standard Time,
> djohnson at snowplow_org writes:
>

> > Shuang Cheng and a couple of the Asian joints on the East Bank
>
> All right, I don't want to sound like a huge mean witch here, but my brother
> (who will be with me) and myself both really don't like Asian food.  Please,
> for the sake of us picky people, can we avoid Asian cuisine?  ANYTHING else
> would be lovely though.  It would be nice to go to the Bryant Lake Bowl, the
> prices there are fairly low and they have some yummy beer on tap.  Just a
> thought.  Anyway, if every body else wishes to go out for Asian food, I'm not
> gonna be the party pooper and I will deal with it.

No worries, RoAnn.  And understandable (although I _will_ say you haven't
had asian food till you've had the whole fried bass with black bean sauce
that they serve at Shuang Cheng.)

That said, I'd like to suggest that we dine near the university.  My home
is near Uptown, but it's a much shorter jaunt to West Bank/East Bank
places than the land of the Ever-Trendy.

Thus, there's an Ethiopian place (I've never had African food, and I've
always wanted to try it...), a great friendly bar called Tracy's (nickel
beer for every Viking touchdown - ah, old memories...), and a veritable
plethora of good food over there...

> RoAnn

-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew     )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, goats.com  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |