Re: christmas show 2001 <warning: rhyme alert!>

On 12/5/01 10:02 AM, quoth the effervescent microserf88 at yahoo_com at
microserf88 at yahoo_com:

>stop and i mean it.
>anybody want a peanut?
>
>i've lurked so long i forgot how to write
>but i'll be at the taft on this friday night
>so i thought i would send a message declaring
>that i will be there, if anyone's caring
>
>there in the sixth row, in the deadcenter seats
>waiting anxiously for the musical treats
>that surely await us all on that night
>with songs that are moving from darkness to light
>
>i'd love to meet listees, go to Uno's so bright
>but my band is rehearsing late friday night
>for a gig we are doing the following day
>and if i'm not there, i surely will pay
>
>so please, if you see someone sitting near you
>with feet that are shunning the sight of a shoe
>with hair brownish red and a beard (i'm a fellow)
>be brave, come on over, and shout at me "Hello!"
>
>i hope this attempt at meter and rhyme
>has not been for you a huge waste of time
>if so, throw in good dog, and then you can dine
>on the splendiferous music of over the rhine
>
>thurman, currently of kent

(Thunderous applause)

And yes, I've C&P'd an entire post for a one-line response (major breach
of nettiquette) just cos I thought this was so nifty.

Huzzah!