no taft for me

hello ya'll,
  despite jessyka's excellent reasoning for why i should
attend the taft show, its just not going to happen.  i'm
too broke to afford a hotel... i'll probably just go to the
beachland ballroom show dec. 19th.  i am pretty sad though
b/c this time next year i'll probably be in nashville or
california, most definitely beyond the vicinity of
cincinnati.  i really wanted to meet more of you folks. :-(
 alas.
  and YES, anne lamott's traveling mercies is indeed one of
the best damn books of all time.  i actually purchased a
slew of them for about $4 each through a tiny independant
bookseller, daedelus, to give them away as christmas
presents.  bird by bird is excellent too... anne lamott is
one of those semi-famous people that i would really love to
just drink tea and chat with-- not unlike linford and
karin.  unfortunately i lent my nice hardback edition of
t.m. to a friend and haven't seen it since... sigh...
  one more thing-- i was reading my roommate's talk
magazine today while i ate my all-bran, and there was this
asinine column about what sort of music celebrities listen
to while doing the nasty.... and it turns out that none
other than tommy lee is a fan of sigur ros (whom i've only
ever heard of through you folks); "its perfect for
lovemaking, massage, or bathing."... is this true, fans of
sigur ros?  :-)
  np- emmylou harris, anthology disc 2... ahhhh.  my wish
is that emmylou contributes on the next otr cd... maybe a
twangy version of jesus in new orleans.  ooooh.
peace,
-=katherine=-

=====
"feel the slip and the grip of grace again"  ~~over the rhine