anne l., nickel creek

bethany writes:

truth.  I'm re-reading Bird By Bird now to get me
fired up about
writing
again.  I love that book too.  So there's a double
recommendation.  Has
anyone else read her stuff?

-->love her!  indeed :)  i fall off my bed with
laughter--especially in "bird by bird."  she has a lot
of wisdom, and as the skilled writer that she is, she
has such a way of putting things.  very unpretentious.
 insanely funny.  she also has good leads for
journalling and ideas for breaking away from the dried
up way we live when we don't bother to write :)  heh.
'know what that's like.

has anyone heard nickel creek?  i'm enjoying their
stuff _a lot_!  they have a version of sinead lohan's
"out of the woods."  nice!  "reasons" is probably my
favorite song on that album.

take care,
j. marie