Films for OTR - a brainstorm proposal

Hello Rhinelanders,

New to the list, I have been watching quietly for a while, and have finally
decided to throw my 2 cents into the pond (there is a pond somewhere in the
apple orchard, isn't there?).  New to the list, but not new to Over the
Rhine -- have been an admirer since 'Til We Have Faces.

I didn't think this would happen, but I must start my plug (at the risk of
alienating myself from what seems to be a common consensus here) with a
brief defense of Heather Graham.  PTA talks about her being underrated in
his audio commentary to Boogie Nights - and from what I have seen I agree
with him.  Although, admittedly, I have seen relatively few of her roles
(have not seen Rx Cowboy or 6 degrees)

Well, as Melanie says: who like over the rhine?  anyone?  anyone?
(Thanks for keeping us on track).  So, I'd like to shift the subject a
little, and bring together the subjects of film and OTR.  As something of an
aspiring (read wannabe) writer/filmmaker, I have given some thought to
incorporating some Over the Rhine influence into a film idea, but I have not
yet decided what direction to take this.  So the brainstorm I propose for
everyone is this:  What sort of original film idea do you imagine could be
related to OTR?  It could be related by lyrics or mood or style - it could
be a plot or theme or character, or simply a scene or setting.  It can be
inspired by any OTR song or group of songs.  If I steal your idea, I promise
to give credit where credit is due, but really at this point this is just an
idea to prompt thought and discussion.

By the way, I have enjoyed reading the many music recommendations here and
digging for mp3 samples on the internet based on those recommendations.  So
here is my own recent discovery that I will share, I have completely fallen
in love with the music of Lhasa de Sela.  She has a very sensual latin/gypsy
sort of style.  She sings in Spanish which I speak a fair amount of, but
there are English translations in the liner notes for those of you who
don't.  And she cites Tom Waits among her influences, so you know she must
be cool :)

Peace,
Scott