RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #819

Liesel wrote:

>have you ever heard someone from
>holland speak dutch?!
All the time.

>makes german seem as smooth as french (did i write
>that in a previous post???  my apologies if i did)
I think you wrote that in a private post to me. Anyway, I have to disagree
here. Especially if you hear german from the south, or Austria or
Switzerland.
I happen to have been to a french movie tonight (boy was I glad they had
subtitless!) and german is nowhere near as smooth as french.

>though i must say as a language lover dutch is one of
>the coolest languages to read -- just makes so much
>sense.
Thank you. I thought so all along :)

Mark