RE: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #819

--- Julie Storms <juliestorms at netscape_net> wrote:
> gutteral one :)  ) is a fantastic addition
>

> how can a culture be gutteral?

well, if you believe that language and a native's use
of it tie into culture, one could say a culture is
gutteral, poetic or animated, it is of course (no
matter how one slices it) a stereo type or
generalization.  have you ever heard someone from
holland speak dutch?!

makes german seem as smooth as french (did i write
that in a previous post???  my apologies if i did)
though i must say as a language lover dutch is one of
the coolest languages to read -- just makes so much
sense.

liesel

=====
"stories & cigarettes have ruined the lives of lesser girls"
p. yorn