Re The Puritan view of sexuality

> This is not to say they were without their faults.  .... They have certainly
> gotten a "bad rap".

My only beef with them is that they imprisoned, tortured and executed Quakers.
That's a pretty big "blind spot".  It would be silly for me to hold a grudge
against a group that no longer exists; I'm just saying it's hard for me to
recognize the positive side of a group that would have had no qualms about
stringing me up if I had been around them.  Frankly, I think they deserve the
bad rap.  But then, my problems with them have nothing to do with sexuality,
and perhaps you did not intend your remarks to extend beyond the realm of the
way the word "puritan" is used in the vernacular today.

Yours,
--
Don Smith                    Robotic Optical Transient Search Experiment
donaldas at umich_edu                          http://xte.mit.edu/~dasmith/