Re: sigur ros

----- Original Message -----
From: Kelvin Bailey
> So I'm flipping channels last night and come across
> Reverb on HBO.  Usually there's some sort of hardcore
> band but last night they featured Bjork and Sigur Ros.
> When I landed, Sigur Ros was playing.  Having heard
> about them right here on this very list and being
> intrigued, I listened.  And I'm glad I did.  It was
> beautiful and intriguing and interesting and...very
> falsetto...and then it was over.  So tonight I went out
> and purchased for my little ol self a Sigur Ros cd.

Kelvin, I did the exact same thing.... I got off the phone
with the new love interest and decided to flip across the 80
HBO's I have to find something to watch since we weren't
going out (he had a root canal on Friday. Nice meds,
though). Reverb was on. The guide said Bjork & Sigur Ros (I
love it when they do theme shows -- This Week: The Rock Of
ICELAND!!!) Bjork was very intriguing. Her set was such a
mish mash of cultures, you couldn't help but smile at the
way she tried to put it all together. I mean who else would
try to put together a native american choir, a harpist, two
computer geeks on Mac g-4's, and a guy shuffling cards? Then
they played those three Sigur Ros songs, and I'm like, "Oh
God, Why do I not have this cd?" It was atmospheric, dreamy,
other worldly. The "lyrics" meant nothing and everything all
at once. the exceptionally young audience sat silent and
still through out the performance... most musicians I think
would take that as an insult. But I think these kids, by the
looks on their faces, were overcome with the sound of the
music. I almost went out and bought it friday night, but the
love interest got woke up from his medicated nap called
back, and all the stores were closed. But Saturday morning,
I was off like a shot. And it is a thing of beauty.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

"Lady Liberty is laid to rest. 'Give me liberty, or give me death.' Her dream died with her last request. She didn't expect bombs over Broadway." – Squad Five-0