Re: Taft Show Potluck

Ms. Ysoie writes:

Anyway, here's MY idea.

I think people are going to be racing to get to the show, since it's on a
weekday evening. They'll be trying to get to town from various points, or
even just get THROUGH town. I think pre-show might be a bit crowded. And
we've all already bounced around the idea of hitting the Uno's after the
show that night, anyhow.

Now, since so many people are coming from so far away, I figure a lot of
them are going to be staying over somewhere in Ohio. Thus, they'd
probably not be leaving until the next day. So what if, instead of a
pre-show potluck, we have a gathering the day after, when we're all less
frantic and more relaxed? What if we have a brunch? A nice Saturday
morning brunch where we can schmooze, hang out, and get social before we
all go away again? And I still say we push for Karin & Linford & Jack &
Hazel & all to show up. I'll even try to bring one of my mother's
brioche.

How's that?

As one of the masses coming from out of town, I don't have any scheduling conflicts that would keep me from any pre-show or post-show whatevers.  I just want to know when and where they're gonna be so I can be sure to be there.  As far as the idea of a Saturday brunch or potluck goes, that'll work for me too.  And I have to confess, I prefer the idea of a brunch to something later in the day.  As somewhat of a hockey addict, I was kinda hoping to catch one of Cincinnati's teams' games on Saturday night.  That being said, I'd rather hang with the lot of you than go to the game, so just let me know what the plans are.

Oh, and I haven't had brioche in ages.  Sounds wonderful!  My only real complaint with the whole potluck idea is that as an out-of-towner, I don't see how I can whip anything up to bring along.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  OtR - TWHF

“(T)here are two races of men in this world, but only these two - the 'race' of the decent man and the 'race' of the indecent man.” – Viktor Frankl