Re: Taft Show Potluck

wow, i can't wait to come along in stevie-boo's suitcase!  whee!

melanie

The children could tell, from Phil's statement about everything and
everybody having a good side, that he was an optimist.  "Optimist" is a word
which here refers to a person, such as Phil, who thinks hopeful and pleasant
thoughts about nearly everything.  For instance, if an optimist had his left
arm chewed off by an alligator, he might say, in a pleasant and hopeful
voice, "Well, this isn't too bad.  I don't have my left arm anymore, but at
least nobody will ever ask me whether I am right-handed or left-handed," but
most of us would say something more along the lines of "Aaaaah!  My arm!  My
arm!"

-Lemony Snicket, The Miserable Mill