Re: Music Labels Question (Was opener for Taft Show)

Jessica Castillo wrote:
> Question!  I never paid attention before, but are
> openers usually with the same Label company as
> the headliner?  I was just wondering.  I don't
> know much about the music biz and I didn't know
> if their were stipulations.

not really.  sometimes a label will put together a
tour package and it makes sense to put together
bands from their label, but most times now booking
agents work with management companies to book tours,
and the labels might front money, but there's no
real rule out there as to say that a band on Label
A opens for another band on Label A.

smaller labels, indie labels, etc- those are the
ones where the label will put multiple bands on
their roster out on tour.  it saves them on costs.
i can't remember how many times i saw King's X
and Galactic Cowboys tour together in the three
year span that they were both on Metal Blade.  that
was kinda nice. :)

otherwise, i'd say that it happens now due to chance.

Dan