Music Labels Question (Was opener for Taft Show)

Question!  I never paid attention before, but are
openers usually with the same Label company as the
headliner?  I was just wondering.  I don't know much
about the music biz and I didn't know if their were
stipulations.  Now that OTR is with Virgin. (Correct?)
 Would that keep a group like Inn. Mission from
performing for them?  (Now I don't know if I.M. is
with Virgin. I'm just using them as an example.)
Anyone know?

~~ Jessica