on the banks of the river where the president used to play

...So my wife and I have "Patience" in our CD alarm clock... tha amazing
Brian Kelley's trippy kick and snare in "Jacksie" wake me up every
morning. (I surely do miss Brian Kelley. The frist time I saw OtR live,
I had to drive 800 miles to get to the nearest gig. It was in Nahville,
TN. Post-gig, Brian was standing outside and I asked for his autograph,
which he gave and then I explained to him that I'd drvien 800 miles to
see them b/c they had, as of that point never, ever been in North
Carolina, and he took the cover of Besides which he had just signed
backstage, and emerged with signatures from Linford, Karin, Terri and
that swaying bass player, Mike. Such a nice fellow, and a great drummer.)

So we were listening to "I Painted my Name" right before we deicded to
get out of bed. So does anyone know which president, and what river?

-John