dizzing nights and eventful days...

hi kids!  i finally got done reading all of those e-mails that have been
piling up in my mailbox since 6:30 yesterday morning.  work, class,
recording, driving, the concert, the club, driving back, the concert, and a
show...i finally got home about midnight.  and now, an hour later, i'm
finally writing to the list, to tell of the show at bradys last night (jeff,
my new lurker friend, this is for you, baby!)

i got there a little late yesterday, because my recording session lasted
longer than expected.  it's so intimidating to sing in front of dr. allred to
begin with, but to know that i was recording my voice for all to hear, that
was doubly hard!  also, the first note was a low bflat, which is kinda low
for someone who sings first soprano...so the first section would be a little
tight, and then i would loosen up...and it was like this continuously!
finally, dr. allred came into the studio and told me he was going to sing
with me, so we started fooling around...after that i did two takes, they said
they were covered, and asked me to do it again, for a safety.  and i think,
honestly, that was the best track!  (of course, it didn't help that in the
middle of recording his wife came into the studio...she's up there with karin
on angel status!).  but i guess it ended up pretty good, and i left at about
6:30...heading out to kent.

anyway, i got there and thought karin was singing...jen greeted me at the
door and put a smiley face on my hand, and told me that jeff and becca were
upstairs.  i hurried upstairs and was immediately dazzled with millions of
*hugz*, from jeff, jg, becca, dm, and lastly, mr. chris emery.  i then
noticed that it wasn't karin who was singing (AMYJOY...to answer you, kim
taylor sounds A LOT like karin, and yes, jg, that was the woman who was
singing!).

you know what, though?  i just wasn't really that much in an acoustic mood
last night.  i loved the show, don't get me wrong, but i would have loved it
a bunch more if it had been loud and kick a** with jack's guitar and stuff!
*grin*  i think it was way mellow, and mellow wasn't how i was feeling.  they
opened the set with *latter days* (which, for once, did not make me cry!),
and afterwards i just tugged on jeff's arm, saying, "we are definitely going
dancing after this!"  he agreed, claiming to already be depressed.  *grin*

honestly, i don't remember the whole set list (i was more intent of getting a
massage from dm, a brownie sundae from jg, and plenty of hugz from
everyone!).  i just remember being absolutely amazed when the opening strains
of *bothered* were played...i didn't think they would ever play that live
when i was in attendance!  it took a second to register, but when it did, i
was glued to the railing.

other happenings of importance:
i was looking for listie katherine, who e-mailed me privately (as so many of
you did) congradulating me on my spiritual awakening.  the girl sitting on
the floor next to me told me that her friend katherine was there, in a blue
shirt sitting downstairs (yes, jg, it was the same girl!).  and it *did* turn
out to be that katherine!  i was planning on going to say hi to her, but she
came upstairs and i acosted her then.  (yes, mr. emery's theory is definitely
true...she's BEAUTIFUL!).  by the way, hi, katherine...next time we'll have
to spend more time talking.  :)

karin sounded wonderful, as always.  but then, i didn't need to tell you all
that...you already knew!

linford performed *jack's valentine*, which i have not heard him do in YEARS!
 we all reminisced about the snoop duggy dug version of *jack's valentine*
from '98.  and then we all laughed at linford when he forgot the words...see,
linford, you should have been doing it all along!  *grin*

rhapsodie.  *sigh*  this piece has replaced *latter days* for me, i think.
as they came back into bradys to do their encore, some guy who was sitting by
us in the balcony called for *rhapsodie*.  my only thought was *please,
no...no, no*.  but what did they play?  *rhapsodie*.  the song i had learned
and almost perfected for the dedication of my love to my fiance on our
wedding night.  the song that made him realize that maybe he didn't hate over
the rhine.  the song that made him understand why i worship this band and
travel all over to see them.  the one song that could make me cry last night.

"and if you should ever leave, i'll love you for what you need."  do i still
love chuck?  yeah.  do i want to?  no.  will i ever stop?  probably not.

then again, maybe hearing that song was a part of therapy that i really
needed...it's ok to still love him and to wish him well.  isn't it?

anyway, that was my take on the over the rhine show.  mellow wasn't what i
needed last night, but the beauty was there, and i was surrounded by people
whom i adore.  that's enough to make for a very pleasant evening.

hey, does anyone else have problems talking to linford and karin?  they
intelligence and language skills far outweigh mine, and i'm so afraid to
sound like a bumbling idiot around them!  also, what do i do?  run to them
and gush about how they're angels and their music touches my life in ways
they couldn't imagine?  what could i say that they haven't heard 100 times
over?  and so i let them go, and i don't tell karin that she's my idol, and i
don't thank them for helping me find some connection with god, and i don't
talk to them.

it feels strange for me to be so chicken.  i don't think i like it very much.

i'm going to write some private e-mails now (hi daniel and jeff!)...happy
sunday, everyone.  i'm sorry this isn't a real review, but it's the best i
could do.

*hugz and kisses*
jessyka