brady's show, etc

mmmm.  i did not raise my hand ahead of time b/c i simply
don't talk enough on this list to really feel eligible for
a listee precount, but i'm raising in retrospect now.
tonight was lovely.  in addition to a couple tables-worth
of friends, my parents came, too.  my dad is a tough sell,
as he ONLY listens to classical and jazz, but he conceded
that he enjoyed the show & that perhaps their might be some
valid musicianship to be found outside the perimeters of
his preferred genres.  my mama loved it-- but then, she has
been known to slip some beach boys and john denver into my
dad's player when he's not around, so she was less of a
longshot.
  i'm sure someone else will provide a good setlist... but
i have to say i am thoroughly grateful we got to hear
latter days, poughkeepsie, bothered, anything at all,
jack's valentine, rhapsodie, AND gillian welch's orphan
girl...  ahhh.  nearly every one of my favorites.  so i'm
going to bed happy tonight.  i even finally gave linford a
poem i've been meaning to pass on to the band for a while
now.  i'll be in dalton tomorrow night as well if i can get
back from out of town in time.
  i got to meet jessyka (who is so very sweet & amiable!),
if only for a short time, and was introduced from afar to a
few other listees  (including chris e... whom i wish could
be invited back into this side of the pale in exchange for
an apology perhaps?  if not for his political/social views,
for he surely has a right to believe however he chooses,
but perhaps for the insensitivity involved in expressing
such views at such a difficult moment for all.  perhaps the
"spirit of over the rhine" isn't so much about excising
what is unacceptable w/ a moderator, but being able to
forgive and move on...? [this was certainly long enough to
merit escaping parentheses, but what the hell]).
  i didn't expect to get into all that, i just wanted to
say that tonight was quite what it seemed.
peace ya'll,
-=katherine=-

=====
Somersault