Re: Defending etc McDonald's etc

++++    Whatever age you want me to be big boy! And I think if you
actually engage me, you'll find my views seasoned to perfection and fully
realized.
	Now go buy your little Starbucks beverage and pat yourself on the
back to all your domino man club buddies and tell them how you laid waste
to me.
	Now I must nurse my wounds...

WS

>I hope that WS is under 16 years old.

>WS has been picking up a few conservative points and making a botch of
them.  Any good satirist (how lamentably few there are) knows that the
surest way to discredit an idea is to place it in the mouth of a fool.

>Unfortunately, I don't think WS is Noam Chomsky getting some kicks.  But
I do think he really has lowered the bar for conservative thought on this
list.

>May I recommend www.nationalreview.com for some very interesting
pro-"profiling" articles which do not depend on fear mongering and do
explain fairly well why profiling might have not a thing to do with
racism and why failing to profile might itself be racist.  Use the search
function.  Not everybody is "on" at NRO all the time, but there's quite a
lot of good thought.  National Review Online also took on on Edward Said
last week, to decent effect:
>www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_commentprint101101b.html and
>www.nationalreview.com/lowry/lowryprint101101.html.
>
>Also, for anyone impressed or perplexed by Noam Chomsky's widely
>circulated response to 9/11, which I found many times more offensive
than anything Mr. Emery has ever said, David Horowitz has posted an
interesting two part response.  Horowitz is a major sixties student
radical leftist rabble rouser who decided he was dead wrong about 20
years ago.  He has since become a conservative rabble rouser, and he's
good at it.  Sometimes his mouth/keyboard gets ahead of him, but not
always, and when he's on, he's on.  He's written two articles, "The Sick
Mind of Noam Chomsky" parts I and II, which I found very important.
www.frontpagemagazine.com/columnists/horowitz/2001/dh10-10-01p.htm.
>These were published both at salon.com (premium) and frontpage
>magazine
>(for free).  The second deals--at length-- with objections to the
>first.
>The reason I offer these up is some of the very easy
America-kills-folks-all-the-time talk that has been coming up on the