Re: war...

--- bigLight <biglight at pacbell_net> wrote:
> *sigh*
>
> we're at war.
>
> *sigh*

> our Supreme Court-Appointed Excecutive, Mr. Bush,
> likes to keep saying
> "God bless America." I would like to ammend the
> statement:
>
> god help us.

yes god help us and bless us.  not because we deserve
it but because god often helps and blesses those who
don't deserve it, myself being evidence #1 in the
argument in this case.
lest the posts start up about the perils and intrinsic
evils of war before i get my $.02 in:

1. i was soooooooooo happy when bush allotted 320
million for the afghani people last week to help them
through the rough winter -- he is making it very clear
this is not against the afghanis but against the
taliban and those who harbor terrorists.

2. i think for once washington is thinking before they
act, it has been almost a month since the wtc attacks
and just now we are responding with military action.

3. the taliban has been beseeched & warned re: the wtc
attacks, not only by the u.s. but by just about every
other civilized nation -- handing over one man (who if
i am correct, is not even the official head of the
taliban) could have kept the bombs on the north
american continent.  if they cared about the afghani
people at all, they would have handed over osama weeks
ago.  is there anyone, aside from those in the
taliban, that has seen what the taliban does to those
it imposes it's law on and thinks this is a just or
legitimate political power?  they are nothing short of
little mussolinis or hitlers, using their ss men to
force the common man into a violent and terrified
existence.

this in mind god help the afghanis -- the government
forced on them by a few could very well be the end of
many.

regards,
liesel

=====
"stories & cigarettes have ruined the lives of lesser girls"
p. yorn