Re: Re: some meetings you just wear shoes

On 9/21/01 6:29 PM, quoth the effervescent Kendrickjd at aol_com at
Kendrickjd at aol_com:

>As some of you know, I was laid off this summer.  Now that I have gotten a
>great new job, I am in the process of writing a book about how everyone
>should be laid off at some point in their life.  It's a humbling, humbling
>experience.  So chin up, Rhys.  Sometimes we need something to kick us in
>the
>butt and make us leave a job to see the better thing that will come along.
>And it will.
>
>Jan

NEW JOB??? Bitch! Thanks for telling me! And here I was all worried about
you....

Personally, I love my job. I love my customers, I love my store, I love
what I sell, and I'm very, very good at it. But I've come to realise over
the last month or so that I hate my manager with a white-hote loathing:
she's an ignorant, petty, vindictive, backstabbing, ungrateful little
nazi. I'm twice the salesperson she'll ever be, and we both know it. And
over the last three weeks or so, I've realised I don't have much faith in
my district manager-- whom I used to consider a friend-- either. So I'm
unofficially among the ranks of the Job Hunters, myself.

I like retail. But I want to work somewhere vaguely freak-friendly, which
pays me enough to cover my rent and my lifestyle, where I can be my usual
bouncy, outgoing self, and connect people with products that'll make them
happy. I considered B-to-B, but I love being able to pick something up,
put it in someone's hand, and say "Here. What do you think of this?"

Or maybe I'll just put out a hat somewhere and sing for my supper. I can
sing. I'm even good at it.

Is this too big a dream for my pipe?