No Subject

Kelvo queried:

>Anyone know anythin about the band Texas.  I keep
>hearing this really groovy song on Spinner that sounds
>nothing like I would expect a band called Texas to sound.
>Any thoughts? advice? recommendations?

They've five CDs out over the last 12 years.  The last two (White on
Blonde-97 and Hush-99) were a little more electronic.  I have all of their
CDs but Southside, their first.  They're Scottish, pleasant, have a range of
tolerable to great songs.  Sharleen Spiteri is the lead vocalist, and even
with such an awful name she sings great.  Johnny McElhone was part of
Altered Images and Hipsway before starting Texas.

Their third CD, "Rick's Road" from 93 is a great place to start.  Avoid the
Mothers Heaven CD.  It's dumb.

The song "Once in a Lifetime" with those ridiculous asian-sounding xylophone
sounds was an alt-hit here in 99, and "Say What You Want" was a better
alt-hit here in 97.

Bruce

We spend all of our lives - going out of our minds,
looking back to our births - or forward to our demise
even scientists say everything is just light
not created, destroyed, but eternally bright
  [Live]