Little Blue River Live

Once again, this month's mp3 on the site is, I think, better than the
priginal version. I've felt that way about a lot of the songs on Films
for Radio. I have mp3s of some songs recorded in 1998, and I much prefer
the live versions of "Goodbye" and "Whatever You Say" to the CD. When I
saw OTR in San Francisco last spring, I was close to being disappointed
 with Films for Radio, and it was the concert that redeemed it for me.
OTR has always been amazing live- thier shows carry an emotional energey
akin ot U2's shows, so I'm not surprised, but I wonder if it ins't time
for Linford to cobble together some tracks and release a live album...

-John

ps- speaking of mp3s, I was wonderting if anyone had the full band
version of It's Never Quite What it Seems.

--

"History goes blind and in darkness;
neither ses nor is seen, nor is
known except as a carrion
marked by unintelligible wounds:
dragging its dead body, living,
yet to be born, it moves heavily
to its glories. It tramples
the little towns, forgets their names."

-Wendell Berry, "The Design of the House: Ideal and Hard Time"