Re: Various things

In a message dated 9/13/01 9:35:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
cirhsein at yahoo_com writes:

<< You know, I'm finding this to be the most difficult thing of all. How can I
 go about my regular routine, that mundane morning grind: coffee, data,
 reports, filing, phone calls, status evaluations, nothing, nothing, NOTHING,
 NOTHING. >>

You know, I usually have to try and keep my head out of the *content* of my
work and just go about the business of making the product we provide as best
I can.  See, we print memorials for funerals and so many are just too sad.
Mother and daughter killed in car crash, all of a parents children killed in
a house fire while they were away, on and on and on.  The first couple days
after the attack I seemed even more to just go about my printing and not
think much about it.  Like too much death was just too fu...damn overwhelming
and my heart just needs to bury itself in the work itself -- no pun intended.
   Then this evening I get a call from the owner of my company about whether
I'd be willing to put in a bit of extra OT since I'm salary and wouldn't get
paid for it.  It appears we are going to donate a tribute to each of the 700
families of 700 people who died in one of the towers that all worked for a
particular company and we're also doing one for the family of a married
couple who both worked on the plane that hit the Pentagon.  It hit me so hard
that I could barely finish the phone call.
It seems my tears flow more for acts of kindness in the midst of suffering
than for suffering itself...Maybe because hope, no matter what, is what this
Godstuff is all about anyway so catching a glimpse of His strong hand
entering into my day to day routine was a reassurance that everything is
going to be all right.  No matter what.

peace,
Kevin