Re: work this

In a message dated 9/14/01 7:57:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
darmstrong at raygroup_com writes:

<< oh yeah - and christians aren't allowed to drink & dance either.
 unless dancing is under the "influence" of the holy spirit, huh?

*hey, then you can even bark like a dog, laugh uncontrollably, roll around on
the floor and slither like a snake, convulse like you're having electric
shock therapy, fall over on the floor in a pile with others, lay flat on your
back for as long as you like with arms outstretched in search of invisible
helium balloons and all kinds of other neato tricks for fun and profit for
the prophets.

kevin (not afraid of appearing too pious if comparisons were to be drawn to
disciples of certain unnamed televangelists.  Although I am a bit afraid --
of them!)

*not in the least intended as a jab to all spirit filled., the paragraph in
question was designed especially, just for the special ones who seem to be in
need of a serious reality check or *spirit* check, having sent all their
checks (and balances) to provide 1000 dollar shoes for their favorite TV
parson-ality to perform in.

perhaps some would say I need a sarcasm check. Perhaps I'm not humble enough
but some of the stuff these guys say and do with the millions they make just
sickens me.

cue Jerry and Pat -- and they're a couple of the better ones, by comparison!