re:Falwell and Robertson blame gays and liberals for WTC Attack

you've ever heard? Sometimes I wonder what the difference is
between some of the more fundamentalist followers of Christ
and the followers of the Islamic Jihad.<<<<<<<<

I've often wondered the same thing many times. My mom was watching the 700
Club when all this was said. I was visiting with her later that day when she
said that this attack happened because we, America, are evil. At that point I
didn't know Falwell was on and had said anything. I was upset enough by her
observation. I come to find out from another list I'm on that he was on the
show saying this stuff. It added to the sick, nauseous feeling I was already
experiencing from all that had been happening as a result of the attacks. I'm
gay and my mom believes I am wrong for this. Now, knowing what I know about
this 700 Club stuff, and her views and politics, it makes me feel the
relationship she and I have is even more strained. I felt like I was kicked
in the stomach.
I feel for everyone suffering. Those who lost loved ones, those under the
rubble, those who are scared. I feel sad about American foreign policy, those
who have had to deal with the same type of terrorism on a daily basis who
never received any condolences or even acknowledgment. The Taliban has been
exacting their regime for quite some time now. I feel for the people who are
forced to follow, whether they believe or not. This is not the first I have
thought about these things and it has weighed heavy on  my mind. I am angry
on many levels and equally saddened. Forgive me for ranting.

peace~
Holly