Jerry and Pat

Kelvin Wrote:
3) Nonetheless, this was NOT the time to be making
comments such as the ones they made.  I think they
acted unwisely and will hopefully learn from this.

Thanks Kelvin once again for your well thought through and concise points.
Point #3 is the one that I agree with the most.  No matter whether we agree
or disagree with the fundamental things (or fundamentalist things) that
Jerry said, and Pat didn't object to.  This was not the time to make them
public.

Thanks for the video link whoever sent it.  I had read the article in the
Washington Post and was hoping that it was taken DRASTICALLY out of
context......oh well....the Post actually reported something correctly.

I too believe that this country has committed sins against God and needs to
repent.  I too have committed sins against God and need to repent, even this
day.  But, to publicly point to specific groups as the sole cause is
ludicrous.

Why didn't Jerry and Pat point to the moral short fallings in MY Life as the
cause of this attack?   Or, in the life and apathy of the church?  Maybe
more appropriate would have been the general need for repentance of ALL
Americans and ALL the world as Dr. Graham alluded to during his sermon.
Someone once said, and I don't know who said it, but they had been asked how
revival would occur in the church/country/world....to which the person
responded "Draw a circle on the ground and stand inside of it.  Once you
have repented and have revival in your own heart step outside the circle and
talk to the next person." (a very loose paraphrase so I am wondering why I
even put quotation marks around it..lol).

I am about as conservative as it gets and am planning on attending Regent
University in the Spring, but this did give me cause to think....whether I
can go to a Grad school where this type of belief is put into practice.
But, this is a time where we as Christian Americans need to stand together
with the rest of society and mourn.  We need to be the shoulder to cry on.
The ears that listen.  The hands that help.   We have the eternal hope of
salvation.  I looked into the conference room where I sat on Tuesday when
the 1st building collapsed, my coworkers were distraught.  I WAS DEVASTATED
AND DISTRAUGHT!  I WAS ANGRY!  Yet, I have the Peace of Jesus in my soul.
How are non-Christians going to cope when I was having trouble coping?  This
is where we as Christians (and I don't want to get flamed for posting
something "Christian" on this message board) need to be a light unto the
world.  In my case that is a small State office where I work and a small
church I attend and the grocery store I go to.  Others may have a greater
sphere such as Jerry and Pat, or better Franklin Graham and Dr. Billy
Graham....or an even Greater sphere of influence....George W. Bush.  We need
to be on our knees for each other, for our church leaders, and for the
leaders of our country and the world.  We don't need to be bickering amongst
ourselves and with others and pointing fingers.  That is what the terrorists
want.

Stepping off my soapbox now and going back to lurk in my own world and try
to bring some light in this time of darkness and tragedy.

Out here,
Barry

"If you want to kiss the sky
Better learn how to kneel.....(on your knees boy!)"-- Bono