Re: Falwell and Robertson blame gays and liberals for WTC Attack

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Peter T. Chattaway wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, rhys daily wrote:
> > i think their belif that somehow america is the new Israel. and that
> > there's some pact of protection for them now..
>
> Around the 33-minute mark on that video I linked to earlier, Robertson
> explicitly says that God "is lifting his protection" from the U.S.

i know. i misspoke myself.

i meant to say

"i think their belief that somehow america is the new israel gives them
the backing to believe that God will protect them from harm.'

since when does God give precedence to one life over another? when did it
become nations that wer eprotected, not people? jesus didn't die for
nations, masses of people bound by ideology or dictators or land
boundaries drawn by strangers, he didn't die for government buildings and
deptartments. he died for people.

rhys

--
go away, or i will replace you with a very small shell script.