Re: The Debbil made me do it!

> Homosexual activity is sin.  Sure.  Fine.  Of course, what folks tend to
> forget when they make a statement like that is so is heterosexual
> 'activity'.  According to the Bible, the Lord does not seem to be too
> terribly big on 'activity' of any kind outside of the marriage of two
> people.

And the activity within marriage *isn't* heterosexual?

> Now, the interesting question is this:  can two gay folks be married
> before God?  I'm not talking about state statutes and what various
> denominations say - I'm asking whether God delights in such a union.
> When I see the rate of divorce between het couples, and I have gay
> friends who have been together longer than many of those same married
> couples, committed to each other and each other's well-being - well,
> it gives me pause to think God can be pleased by such.

FWIW, there are those who would argue, based on Galatians, that God is not
interested so much in the laws people follow as he is in the fruits that
their lives show -- the fruits of the spirit vs. fruits of the flesh.

By that standard, gay couples that showed love, joy, peace, patience,
kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control would show
the fruits of the spirit, and thus, would meet with God's approval.

Ah, but what do we do with the "self-control" bit?  Is it enough to limit
your sexual partners to one, or should you limit them to zero?

Beats me.