Re: The Debbil made me do it!

Bob, the Incredible Dancing Monkey wrote:

> According to the Bible, the Lord does not seem to be too
> terribly big on 'activity' of any kind outside of the marriage of two
> people.

You're absolutely right. But, well, we're not talking about marriage.

> Now, the interesting question is this:  can two gay
> folks be married before God?

That is, indeed, the $64,000 question.

> And what's the point of calling someone a sinner
> if they don't even believe in your conception of
> right and wrong in the eyes of God?

That is precisely the problem at the core of this argument. And, it might be
added, the reverse is true as well.

> I don't mean that it might not be important - but
> yelling 'Sinner!  Sinner!' gets you nowhere when
> you're talking to complete strangers across the web

As I recall, this entire discussion was kicked off by someone who rather
inexplicably posted a message about the traditional Christian position and
concluded by saying "Fuck that". That's worth bearing in mind.

paul christian glenn  |  pcg at runbox_com

"between you and me
  it's hard to ever really know who to trust
   how to think
    what to believe
 between me and you
  it's hard to ever really know who to choose
   how to feel
    what to do..."