Re: The Debbil made me do it!

> i don't usually read pop-chirstian stuff. i onno if phillip yancey fits
> in there... but - my boyfriend gave me the grace book that he wrote, and
> it blew me away.
>
> especially the part describing babette's feast (which a good friend had
> told me about too). and how it was the people who needed it most who did
> not recognize what they were receiving from babette.

Yeah, I happened to read Yancey's book right around the time I read Robert
Jewett's _Saint Paul Returns to the Movies: Triumph over Shame_, which
also has a chapter on _Babette's Feast_, and the combined impact of those
two books has had a profound effect on my own theological outlook.

For those who haven't dropped out of the homosexuality debate, Yancey's
book also has a chapter on his friendship with Mel White, one of the more
outspoken evangelical homosexuals out there.  Quite interesting.